THIS SCHEME ENDED ON 20 DECEMBER 2021
THE INFORMATION BELOW IS PROVIDED ONLY FOR REFERENCE
Installation of a Photovoltaic system using the Net Metering method
This is an unofficial English translation of a summary of the Grant Scheme and it does not replace the original texts of the Scheme since only the texts adopted by the Council of Ministers of the Republic are authentic.
The Grant Scheme (available in Greek) aims to provide financial incentives, in the form of government sponsorship, to encourage the use of RES and Energy Savings to existing buildings used as dwellings and to contribute to the achievement of the national renewable energy obligations.
GRANT FOR ...
The installation of a PV system using the Net Metering method
ELLIGIBLE PERSONS ...
Natural Persons who have made a corresponding investment.
CONCERNS INSTALLATIONS IN ...
Existing dwellings for which the application for a building permit was filed before 01.01.2017.
Online only via the website of the RES and Energy Conservation Fund (available only in Greek).
RETROSPECTIVE APPLICATION ...
It applies to investments made after 09/06/2020.
€250 per kW PV system with a maximum amount of € 1.000.
For mountain areas the amount of grant doubles (100% increase).
- THE APPLICATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED BY THE PERSON IN WHOSE NAME THE ELECTRICITY BILL OF THE RESIDENCE IS.
- In order to be able to submit an “Application for grant funding”, you must create an account (in case you do not already have one). When creating an account, you will be asked to attach a copy of an identification document as follows:
- For Cypriot citizens: copy of their Identity Card
- For EU citizens: Certificate of registration of Union citizen and EU citizen family members
- For third-country nationals: Alien Registration Card (ARC) (please make sure that your ARC number will be clearly visible on the document that you will attach)
- When submitting an “Application for grant funding” you will be asked to attach the following documents in electronic form (scan):
- A copy of a recent electricity bill in the name of the Applicant with regard to the residential unit where the installation of the photovoltaic system has been carried out.
- Detailed Invoices relating to the PV installation, which should be issued in the name of the applicant.
- Where invoices and/or receipts have been issued under a different name than that of the applicant, a relevant statement should be submitted in addition.
- A certificate from the Distribution System Operator (EAC) according to which:
- the residence permit of the house was issued before 01/01/2017, and
- the conformity certificate for the photovoltaic system has been issued after 09/06/2020, including.
- If for any reason, the abovementioned certificate by the DSO (EAC) is not available, you should provide instead a copy of the Conformity Certificate of the PV system, as well as relevant documentation (e.g. copy of the building permit) from which it can be demonstrated that the application for the building permit of the residence was submitted before 01/01/2017.
- This Grant Scheme promotes -in addition- the implementation of actions included in the National Strategy for the Development of Mountain Communities. In this context, installations in houses falling within the mountain areas receive an increased sponsorship of 100%. It should be noted that mountain areas are defined by the Commissioner for the Development of Mountainous Communities, solely on the basis of the postal code . The list of postal codes identifying mountain areas, as prepared by the Commissioner, is given here.
- Indicative average time for completion of applications: 6 months. This information is provided non-binding on the basis of current conditions and provided that the application is submitted in full and no problems/deficiencies will be detected.
|Applications submitted||2, 558|