Installation of a Photovoltaic system using the Net Metering method in the homes of vulnerable electricity consumers
This is an unofficial English translation of a summary of the Grant Scheme and it does not replace the original texts of the Scheme since only the texts adopted by the Council of Ministers of the Republic are authentic.
APPLICATIONS UNTIL 20.12.2021 OR UNTIL THE AVAILABLE BUDGET HAS BEEN COMMITTED, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST
The Grant Scheme (available in Greek) aims to provide financial incentives, in the form of government sponsorship, to encourage the use of RES and Energy Savings to existing buildings used as dwellings and to contribute to the achievement of the national renewable energy obligations. The Scheme has been included in the proposals for possible funding from the Recovery and Resistance Mechanism (Regulation (EU) 2021/241).
GRANT FOR ...
The installation of a PV system using the Net Metering method.
ELLIGIBLE PERSONS ...
Natural persons who either themselves or another first-degree relative with whom they live permanently in the same household are vulnerable electricity consumers.
CONCERNS INSTALLATIONS IN ...
Existing dwellings for which the application for a building permit was filed before 01.01.2017.
Online only via the website of the RES and Energy Conservation Fund (available only in Greek).
€750 per kW PV system with a maximum amount of € 3.750.
RETROSPECTIVE APPLICATION ...
- A “Pre-approval Application” should be made before the investment is carried out. The date of implementation is the date of issue of the Conformity Certificate of the electrical installation on the photovoltaic system.
- THE “PRE-APPROVAL APPLICATION” IS SUBMITTED BY THE PERSON WHO WILL MAKE (PAY FOR) THE INVESTMENT IN WHOSE NAME THE ELECTRICITY BILL IS ISSUED (THE “APPLICANT”). The Applicant should, either himself or another person with whom he or she is first-degree relative and who is resident in the same household, be a vulnerable consumer of electricity. For the purposes of this Scheme, first-degree relative includes: parents, grandparents, children, spouse, brother/sister, father/mother-in-law, son/daughter-in-law.
- Vulnerable electricity consumers are laid down in the relevant Decree issued by the Minister for Energy, Commerce and Industry (No. 289/2015 - available in Greek), as amended or replaced. In summary, vulnerable electricity consumers include the following:
- Beneficiaries of the Guaranteed Minimum Income,
- Beneficiaries of the Public Assistance from the Social Welfare Services,
- Beneficiaries of the Severe Motor Disability Allowance Scheme,
- the beneficiaries of the allowance for Pensioners with low incomes, provided that they have reached the age of 70 and do not live with another person who has not yet reached the age of 70,
- Beneficiaries of the Care Allowance Scheme for Paraplegic Persons,
- Beneficiaries of the Care Allowance Scheme for Quadriplegic Persons,
- Beneficiaries of the Special Allowance for Blind Persons,
- A family of three or more children receiving Child Benefit and an annual gross household income of up to EUR 51.258. The income criterion of EUR 51.258 is increased in steps of EUR 5.126 for each additional child over four.
- In order to be able to submit a “Pre-approval Application”, you must create an account (in case you do not already have one). When creating an account, you will be asked to attach a copy of an identification document as follows:
- For Cypriot citizens: copy of their Identity Card
- For EU citizens: Certificate of registration of Union citizen and EU citizen family members
- For third-country nationals: Alien Registration Card (ARC) (please make sure that your ARC number will be clearly visible on the document that you will attach)
- When submitting an “Pre-approval Application” you will be asked to attach the following documents in electronic form (scan):
- A copy of a recent electricity bill in the name of the Applicant with regard to the residential unit where the installation of the photovoltaic system will be carried out.
- IF THE APPLICANT IS A DIFFERENT PERSON FROM THE VULNERABLE ELECTRICITY CONSUMER, you will be asked to additionally attach the following:
- A copy of the identification document of the vulnerable electricity consumer (one of the three documents referred above), and
- Appropriate evidence to prove the first-degree relative relationship between the Applicant and the vulnerable electricity consumer (e.g. birth/marriage certificate, etc.).
- IN THE EVENT THAT THE VULNERABLE CONSUMER OF ELECTRICITY IS A BENEFICIARY OF THE ALLOWANCE FOR PENSIONERS WITH LOW INCOMES WHO HAS REACHED THE AGE OF 70:
- a certificate from the local authority should also be submitted concerned that he does not live with another person who has not reached the age of 70 (you may find a sample of such certificate here - available in Greek).
- Applicants who received a Pre-approval with the respective Scheme of 2020 but did not proceed to submit an “Application for Grant Funding” can apply for an “Update of the Pre-approval” until 01/07/2021 provided that the period of nine (9) months granted to them has not expired.
- Indicative average time for the assessment of “Pre-approval Application”: 1 month.
- Indicative average time for the assessment of “Applications for Grant Funding”: 4 months.
- The above information is provided non-binding on the basis of current conditions and provided that the applications will be submitted in full and no problems/deficiencies will be detected.
Before submitting an application, please make sure that you have properly understood the provisions of the Grand Scheme
|Pre-approval applications submitted||150|