SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS FOR THIS GRANT SCHEME HAS CLOSED DUE TO EXHAUSTION OF THE AVAILABLE BUDGET
THE INFORMATION BELOW IS PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES
For your best guidance in the realisation of the investment, you may wish to consult the booklet:
«Purchase and use of electrical appliances - Advice to applicants» (available in Greek)
GRANT FOR ...
The replacement of energy-intensive electrical appliances in homes of vulnerable consumers of electricity.
ELLIGIBLE PERSONS ...
Vulnerable electricity consumers, in accordance to the Ministerial Decree K.D.P. 289/2015, and any subsequent amendments or replacements.
APPLIANCES SUBSIDISED ...
Online only via this website (available only in Greek).
Not applicable. Eligible are purchases made after the date of the official approval of the Scheme, i.e. after 02/12/2021.
Beneficiaries can replace up to five (5) appliances, as follows:
- THE “PRE-APPROVAL APPLICATION” IS SUBMITTED BY THE VULNERABLE ELECTRICITY CONSUMER HIMSELF/HERSELF (i.e. the applicant must be the person whose name is listed as beneficiary below).
- With regard to minors and persons who cannot take care of themselves: in order to simplify the procedure and reduce red tape, the “PRE-APPROVAL APPLICATION” is also submitted in this case with the details of vulnerable electricity consumers (as applicant). At a later stage, the payment of the sponsorship to a bank account of the legal guardian or administrator of the vulnerable consumer can be arranged.
- Vulnerable electricity consumers are laid down in the relevant Decree issued by the Minister for Energy, Commerce and Industry (No. 289/2015 - available in Greek), as amended or replaced. In summary, vulnerable electricity consumers include the following:
- Beneficiaries of the Guaranteed Minimum Income,
- Beneficiaries of the Public Assistance from the Social Welfare Services,
- Beneficiaries of the Severe Motor Disability Allowance Scheme,
- the beneficiaries of the allowance for Pensioners with low incomes, provided that they have reached the age of 70 and do not live with another person who has not yet reached the age of 70,
- Beneficiaries of the Care Allowance Scheme for Paraplegic Persons,
- Beneficiaries of the Care Allowance Scheme for Quadriplegic Persons,
- Beneficiaries of the Special Allowance for Blind Persons,
- A family of three or more children receiving Child Benefit and an annual gross household income of up to EUR 51.258. The income criterion of EUR 51.258 is increased in steps of EUR 5.126 for each additional child over four.
- Before the submission of your application, you are advised to carefully study the Scheme, the Application Guide and any clarifications / announcements that will be posted on this website.
The dwelling in which the electrical appliances will be installed should be used as a residence and the electricity bill should be for domestic tariff.
- Only purchases made after the date of the official approval of the Scheme are eligible, i.e. after 02/12/2021. Applicants are encouraged to submit a "Pre-Approval application" before proceeding with the investment, in order to be officially informed whether they are among the beneficiaries of the Scheme.
- In order to be able to submit a “Pre-approval Application”, you must create an account (in case you do not already have one). When creating an account, you will be asked to attach a copy of an identification document as follows:
- For Cypriot citizens: copy of their Identity Card
- For EU citizens: Certificate of registration of Union citizen and EU citizen family members
- For third-country nationals: Alien Registration Card (ARC) (please make sure that your ARC number will be clearly visible on the document that you will attach)
- When submitting an “Pre-approval Application” you will be asked to attach the following documents in electronic form (scan):
- A copy of a recent electricity bill of the house where the applicant (vulnerable electricity consumer) resides, and where the appliances will be installed. It is not mandatory for the electricity bill to be in the name of the vulnerable electricity consumer.
- IN THE EVENT THAT THE APPLICANT (VULNERABLE CONSUMER OF ELECTRICITY) IS A BENEFICIARY OF THE ALLOWANCE FOR PENSIONERS WITH LOW INCOMES WHO HAS REACHED THE AGE OF 70:
- a certificate from the local authority should also be submitted concerned that he does not live with another person who has not reached the age of 70 (you may find a sample of such certificate here - available in Greek).
- Indicative average time for the assessment of “Pre-approval Application”: 1 month.
- Indicative average time for the assessment of “Applications for Grant Funding”: 4 months.
- The above information is provided non-binding on the basis of current conditions and provided that the applications will be submitted in full and no problems/deficiencies will be detected.
- INFORMATION/GUIDANCE TO APPLICANTS WHO HAVE RECEIVED A PRE-APPROVAL IS PROVIDED HERE.