1. Who can apply for the Scheme?
Natural Persons who invest in the thermal insulation of the roof of an existing house have the right to submit an application. For CATEGORY 1 of the Grant Scheme, applicants do not need to be homeowners or have the electricity bill in their name. Each beneficiary can submit only one application.
2. Can I apply and then start implementing the investment?
No. The "APPLICATION FOR GRANT FUNDING" is submitted AFTER the completion of the eligible investment.
3. Where can I find a Class A Energy Auditor or a Qualified Expert to complete the Calculation Sheet of the average U-value?
Access to the Register of Energy Auditors and Qualified Experts is provided through the website of the Energy Service.
4. Invoices have not been issued in my name. What can I do?
The name of the person to whom the invoices have been issued should be the same as the name of the applicant (without mentioning any other name). In the event that the invoices have been issued in a different name from that of the applicant or in case that along with the name of the applicant any other name is written, a relevant declaration must be submitted, which must be completed both by the person in whose name the invoices were (also) issued and by the applicant.
5. I don't have a bank account in my name. Can the sponsorship of my application be paid to a relative of mine?
No. The sponsorship is deposited in a bank account in which the applicant must be a beneficiary or co-beneficiary.
6. Can I get a grant for a house I rent?
Yes, as long as the house is rented from a natural person to a natural person. If the house is rented by a legal entity (e.g. company) it is not eligible for sponsorship. According to the provisions of the Scheme, "the residences should not be rented by a legal entity and should not be used in the context of economic activity for a period of at least five (5) years from the date of submission of the application".
7. Can I get a grant to invest in my store/ancillary building?
No. The property on which the investment will be made should be legally used as a residence and the electricity bill of the house should be related to house tariffs. Facilities on premises that are not legally used as residences (e.g. ancillary premises/shops/businesses) are not subsidized.
8. Can I get a grant for my house and my cottage?
Both the house and the cottage are eligible for sponsorship, as long as they exist legally and the electricity bill of the premises relate to house tarrifs. Note, however, that only one "APPLICATION FOR GRANT FUNDING" can be submitted by each beneficiary.
9. I have invested in a new house. Can I apply?
No. Eligible are residences for which the application for a building permit and/or urban planning permit was submitted before 21.12.2007.
10. During the submission of the "APPLICATION FOR GRANT FUNDING" I forgot to attach some supporting documents or attached the wrong supporting documents. What can I do?
After the final submission of the application, any modification and / or presentation of additional documents is not accepted. In case these documents are necessary for the purposes of examining the application, you will be contacted during the evaluation of the application.
11. Can I apply for CATEGORY 1 and any other CATEGORY of the Scheme?
Applicants of CATEGORY 1 can additionally apply for CATEGORY 3B of the Grant Scheme (installation of a Photovoltaic System in the homes of vulnerable electricity consumers). You can not apply for any of the other CATEGORIES of the Scheme (CATEGORIES 2 and 3A).